Why We Fundraise For Harbour House
Harbour House receives monies from government; however, corporate and private donations are necessary to meet all of the demands we face.
Local organizations and individuals like yourself make a huge difference in the services we can provide to women in need. The outcomes of our fundraisers allow us to work toward the following goals:
- Support women and children who have left situations of violence and provide a safe place, comfortable bedroom, healthy food, and a supportive ear. These are the first steps in the healing journey.
- Provide outreach services to our satellite locations throughout Lunenburg and Queens.
- Support healthy and effective transition services to women and children who leave Harbour House.
- Deliver education programs within our schools to youth of all genders.
- Maintain and improve the upkeep of our facility and satellite locations.
- Future development of sustainable transition apartments and homes.
Families Supporting Families
Our annual fundraising theme is Families Supporting Families (FSF). This campaign has focused on raising money for 15 new beds, new mattresses, bedding and monies to establish our Free Store. Many businesses, organizations, schools and individuals contributed to raising $20,809.06. This enabled Harbour House to purchase those 15 beds and create the Free Store located on the 3rd floor of the House.
Show and Shine Fundraiser
On August 28, 2021. Amanda Fleming and the Defiant Ones Bike Club held it at Honda Bridgewater Powerhouse dealership. This event was inspired by Taylor Fleming and raised $1,826.50. We hope to make this an Annual event in support of Harbour House.
NS Family Day 2021
Throughout February, SSRCE schools participation in supporting Families via an Online Auction and a live Kitchen Party. Between sets, thank you(s) to our business, community and family contributors were made. Auction winners announced at the end of the Kitchen Party. School photos and videos shared supporting families of Lunenburg and Queens Counties.
Other Fundraising Events
We are always open to new ways to engage the community and other local resources. From basket raffles to live entertainment, if there's a way you, your company or your organization would like to collaborate with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate to our cause
We accept monetary donations and gift cards to help with capital costs, support for programs and also empower women to choose exactly what they need to purchase